The Strand Center for the Arts Annual High School & Middle School Exhibition 2018
Dear Educators, Parents, and Students,
It’s time for The Strand Center’s Annual High School & Middle School Exhibition! This year’s exhibition will open on April 6 and run through April 27, 2018. We hope these dates work with the majority of local school districts. Due to our limited gallery space we must limit the number of works from each school (the gallery space is half of what it has been in previous years due to the creation of our “Gallery Cooperative”). We understand that this puts restrictions on how many of your students get to participate and we apologize. Please use your best judgment as artists and educators on which students to include. If there are any questions or concerns, please direct them to: email@example.com.
HS/MS Exhibition: April 6, 2018 – April 27, 2018
Artwork drop-off dates: March 22 – March 30
Artwork pick-up dates: April 28 – May 5
- 10 pieces of artwork per school district (not per teacher), meaning 5 for a district’s High School and 5 for a district’s Middle School. Two works per student max.
- All work must be labeled on the FRONT and BACK. Please include: artist name, title of work, medium, grade level, and school. Please CLICK HERE for Labels.
- All work must be framed. There are no material restrictions, but works need to be sturdy and professionally presented. Works should be wired on the back as our hanging system is not compatible with commercial hooks found on pre-fabricated frames.
- Artwork must fall under one of the given categories.
- Teachers must submit a full list of works being dropped off, including the Students name, grade, work title, school, and price (if it is for sale). Please CLICK HERE for List Form. This list can be submitted in paper when works are dropped off or electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Strand Center will maintain its standard 30% commission rate for sales, so please advise your students to take this into consideration when pricing.
Categories: Drawing, Painting, Sculpture (3D), Ceramics, Mixed Media (2D), Photography, Graphic Design, and Printmaking. Awards will be given in each category. In addition to these categories, there will be a Best of HS/MS award given to the one student. The “Best of” award will be chosen based on a jury panel.
Award Jurors TBD.
The Strand Center for the Arts agrees:
- Send a press release to a local paper(s) no later than 12 days before the exhibit.
- Design and distribute exhibition posters, flyer, program and invites to the local region.
- Clean and maintain the gallery spaces throughout the exhibit.
- Provide a punch and snack reception for the opening night.