Call for Entries!
All members of The Strand Center are invited to enter!
What is the Holiday Members Show?
Bi-annually, The Strand Center for the Arts hosts exhibitions focused on presenting the talents of our members; the Holiday and Summer Members Shows. Members at any artistic level, from hobbyist to professional, are invited to submit works for these “Members Only” exhibitions.
Not a member or not sure if you have renewed?
Becoming a member is easy! There are three options for starting or renewing your membership. You could visit our offices at 23 Brinkerhoff Street in Plattsburgh to fill out your membership form during regular office hours; Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturdays 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Or you could always obtain your membership through our website by CLICKING HERE or by calling our offices at 518-563-1604.
The Strand Center for the Arts Holiday Members Show is open to all members whose membership is valid through January 1, 2017. Memberships can be renewed anytime before or during drop off. Please see the “Not a Member?” section of these guidelines for more information.
- Artists are allowed to submit 1 – 2 works for the Holiday Members Show.
- Any artists whose work is 48” or larger in any direction will be limited to one submission due to space constraints.
- All artwork must be formatted to meet the requirements of the gallery hanging system. Works on paper must be framed. Saw tooth and triangle hangers that come on commercial frames are not compatible with the hanging system. All works must be properly wired.
- All media is eligible for entry, including work previously shown at The Strand Center.
- Artists must complete two sets of labels for each work submitted. One label must be adhered to the back of the work and the second label must be lightly taped to the front of the work for organizing the catalog. Labels can be downloaded from our website by CLICKING HERE or the artist can make their own as long as it includes artist name, title, medium, and price.
- All entries must be submitted by the deadline. No work will be accepted late.
- Artists must sign a contract and fill out an inventory list and drop it off with their work. It can be downloaded by CLICKING HERE. Artists can bring in a prepared inventory list and attach it to their contract at drop off.
- Any work that does not adhere to these guidelines will not be accepted. The Strand Center has the right to refuse work that is deemed unacceptable (i.e., not properly formatted or framed, no labels, content, size, etc.).
- All artists agree to the standard commission rate of 30% and a 10% discount on opening night that is split evenly between the artist and The Strand Center. Please see the “Sales” section of these guidelines for more information.
The Strand Center’s insurance policy covers work on display, but not in transit. Work is entered at the artist’s risk. The Strand Center will take every precaution to safeguard the work while in our care. The Strand Center cannot accept submissions by special delivery services unless notified well in advance and permission given. Works shipped to The Strand Center without prior permission will be refused. All artists are required to sign a contract at drop off that states acknowledgment of information regarding insurance, commission, pick-up dates, and receptions.
Delivery of Work – Drop-Off Dates
Artwork must be delivered to The Strand Center for the Arts at 23 Brinkerhoff Street in Plattsburgh, only during the following times:
- Tuesday, November 15 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 16 | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, November 17 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 18 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday, November 19 | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 22 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Save time by downloading your labels and contract online and filling them out prior to drop off.
Removal of Work – Pick-Up Dates
- Saturday, December 31 | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 3 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 4 | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Thursday, January 5 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday, January 6 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday, January 7 | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Any artwork left at The Strand Center after Saturday, January 7, 2017 will incur a $3/day late fee. If artwork has not been picked up 30 days after the close of the exhibit, it will be considered a donation to The Strand Center. The Strand Center then has the right to keep, sell, or discard the artwork.
Artwork sales will be subject to The Strand Center’s typical 30% commission. Artists who choose to sell their work should take this into consideration when pricing. Artists also agree to a 5% cut for opening night. The Strand Center will also give up 5% profits for an overall 10% discount on all work purchased during the opening reception on Friday, December 2.
The Holiday Members Show
- On View | December 2, 2016 – December 30, 2016
- Opening Reception | Friday, December 2 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM
- Tuesday | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday | 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Strand Center is closed Sundays and Mondays unless for special events.
Our galleries are free and open to the public!