Dear Educators, Parents and Students,
It’s time for the Strand Center for the Arts' Annual High School & Middle School Exhibition! This year’s exhibition will open on April 1st and run through April 30th 2016. We hope these dates work with the majority of local school districts.
Due to our limited gallery space we must limit the number of works from each school. We understand that this puts restrictions on how many of your students get to participate and we apologize. Please use your best judgment as artists and educators on which students to include. If there are any questions or concerns, please direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HS/MS Exhibition: April 1, 2016 – April 30, 2016
Artwork drop-off dates: March 18 – March 25
Artwork pick-up dates: May 1 – May 9
Arrangements can be made with our Gallery Coordinator if you cannot make it to the Center during our regular hours.
- 20 pieces of artwork per school district (not per teacher). Two works per student max.
- All work must be labeled on the BACK ONLY. Please include: artist name, title of work, medium, grade level, and school.
- All work must be matted and framed. There are no material restrictions, but works need to be sturdy and professionally presented. Works should be wired on the back as our hanging system is not compatible with commercial hooks found on pre-fabricated frames.
- Artwork must fall under one of the given categories.
- Teachers must submit a full list of works being dropped off, including the Students name, grade, work title, school, and price if it is for sale. This list can be submitted in paper when works are dropped off or electronically by emailing email@example.com. The Strand Center will maintain its standard 30% commission rate for sales, so please advise your students to take this into consideration when pricing.
Drawing, Painting, Sculpture (3D), Ceramics, Mixed Media (2D), Photography, Graphic Design, and Printmaking.
In addition to these categories, there will be a "Best of High School/Middle School" award given to the one student. The "Best of" award will be chosen based on a jury panel as well as a people’s vote.
Awards will be given in each category. Award Jurors TBD.